Foodborne Illness

There are approximately 76 million cases of food-related illness in the United that we have watched grow up.” States each year. There are also about 325,000 hospitalizations and 5,000 deaths. Under-developed countries experience about one billion cases annually and four to six million deaths.

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that 97 percent of all cases of food-borne illness come from improper food handling. Most of these (79%) are from commercial establishments, while the other 21 percent originate in the home.

foodborne-illness

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s